Whether you’re an individual or a business owner, we all want assurance that when we come to the end of our lives, our loved ones are taken care of and our business can transition efficiently. Proper planning with the right advisor can ensure your trusts and estates are dealt with according to your wishes and needs.
Trusts and estates can be sensitive issues, but we make the process easier with our personalized approach and dependable advice. We offer business and succession planning and planning and compliance for family trusts and estates.
Our team of trust and estate experts are here to help so you can be confident that your legacy will continue to thrive long after you’re gone.
Accounting & Assurance
- Compiling and preparing financial statements
- Performing review of financial statements
- Conducting audit of financial statements
- Complying with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Complying with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Selecting trustees and administrators
- Advising on drafting of wills and trust agreements
- Planning, administering, accounting and settlement for family, living (inter vivos) and testamentary trusts and estates
- Succession planning
- Investment planning for capital retention
- Planning for end-of-life including avoiding double taxation
- Planning asset disposition
- Planning charitable gifts
- Preparing and filing tax returns including:
- Canadian trust returns (T3) and date of death return (T1)
- U.S. estate or trust returns (1041) and date of death return (1040)
- Other optional returns
- Estimating and planning Canadian and U.S. trust and estate tax minimization
- Assisting with negotiations and correspondence with federal and provincial/state authorities regarding Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits, disputes and objections
Our services are customized to your individual needs. If you’re looking for a service that isn’t listed, or you’re not sure where to start, get in touch with us to find out how we can help.