If you are a Tax Senior Manager in a mid-sized or large CPA Firm who is looking for an opportunity to advance your career, look no further.
DMCL LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is searching for a seasoned tax professional with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to be an integral part of our rapidly growing tax practice and firm. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping clients, solving problems, thinking outside the box and developing tax staff and capabilities.
With recent acquisitions, strategic initiatives and significant organic growth, we have a great opportunity for a passionate tax professional.
As a Tax Principal, you will be a key member of our Tax Group working directly with our partners and our clients to effectively identify, develop and implement solutions to our clients’ tax needs, opportunities and challenges. Our clients are diverse and work in a wide variety of industries including technology, real estate and construction, manufacturing and distribution, entertainment, restaurants and resources.
You will play a key role in understanding changes in tax laws in our dynamic environment and will provide tax knowledge to our staff so they have the tools to effectively service our clients. As a key member of our Tax Group you will develop, mentor and coach our staff to achieve challenging and rewarding careers in our tax practice.
DMCL LLP is a place where you will be valued as a tax professional, given the opportunity and tools to grow and thrive and will be recognized for your accomplishments and potential.
Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes
- Seven or more years of Canadian tax experience in a mid-size or large accounting firm with experience in Canadian and International tax planning, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, succession and estate planning, high net worth individuals and inbound and outbound transactions;
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Program and advanced tax planning course;
- A proven track record of building profitable and sustainable client relationships with a strong focus on client service and ability to work collaboratively with other partners and staff;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a situation, understand client needs and objectives and to work with legal counsel and clients to execute tax strategies and solutions to meet objectives;
- Experienced with managing multiple projects and engagement teams on a variety of clients; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In summary, the ideal candidate will be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to influence and execute and manage people and processes. In this role, you will also play a vital role in leading the Firm’s Tax Group, provide value added and practical solutions to solve our clients’ problems, anticipate their needs and contribute to their success.
What DMCL Offers
This position provides an exceptional opportunity for you to exercise your entrepreneurial skills to develop business opportunities and career advancement in a flexible work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A standard 35-hour work week;
- 4-day work week during the summer months;
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu of overtime;
- Continued professional development,
- A very competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Tax Principal” in the subject line.
We would like to thank you for your application but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.