Audit & Assurance
- Conducting audits or reviews of Canadian and US public and private companies
- Complying with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Complying with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Complying with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Performing specialized assurance engagements
- Providing Initial Public Offering (IPO) and transaction services
- Handling Complex Accounting
- Complying with quarterly financial reporting requirements
- Preparing Canadian and US corporate tax returns
- Estimating and planning Canadian, US and International corporate tax minimization
- Conducting taxation planning and reviews
- Advising on cross-border transactions and structuring
- Liaising with the Canadian mineral taxation regime
- Advising on corporate tax including group structuring to minimize tax liability, BC Mining Exploration Tax Credit, and flow-through shares
- Assisting with flow through share investment for individual investors
- Assisting with negotiations and correspondence with federal and provincial/state authorities regarding Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits, disputes and objections
- Assisting with Canadian investment tax credit claims for Scientific Research and Experimental Development expenditures (SR&ED)
- Providing indirect sales tax (GST/HST/PST/QST) planning
- Providing tax risk management strategies to address scrutiny from tax authorities
- Advising the appropriate accounting protocols for all phases of operation, from exploration and production through to closure
- Enhancing organizational performance with best practices, internal controls and benchmarking
- Recommending risk management strategies that identify threats, avoid surprises, and enable the enterprise to thrive amid volatility and disruption
- Help with mergers and acquisitions
When you partner with us, you will receive our focused attention. Our approachable, hands-on team is committed to giving you the very best level of quality and service. We commit to the continuity of the audit team, and their accessibility throughout the year.
We will be available to you to discuss any disclosures or potential audit issues. We will keep you up to date with any changes in accounting standards, and invite you to seminars and events we hold throughout the year.
We strive to achieve the highest standards of quality, ethics, integrity, independence, confidentiality and professionalism. We are registered with the Canadian Public Accountability Board (CPAB) and with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
We are globally connected. Our clients have operations in countries all over the world including Canada, the United States, China, Latin America, South Africa to name just a few.
We are a proud member of Moore Global Network Limited, one of the largest accounting and global consulting groups worldwide. As a part of this network, we can provide you access to a group of experienced professionals in 114 countries. You can be confident that we have the resources and capabilities to meet your needs.
In 2021, a new trend to bid on and/or purchase high-value collectibles known as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) captured the attention...READ MORE