We Are Here To Help You
In an effort to protect our valued clients, our employees and our communities, amid the changing COVID-19 situation, effective immediately and until further notice, all DMCL offices will be closed to outside visitors and clients and our staff will not be able to visit or work from client offices.
However, DMCL will remain fully operational in order to continue providing excellent client service during this difficult time. Instead of visiting our offices to drop off your information or meet with us in-person, we are recommending the following alternatives:
- Phone calls or video conferences may be scheduled in lieu of face-to-face meetings
- Your personal information can be uploaded to us via secure link (we can provide a link specific to you upon request) or emailed at your convenience
- Physical documents can be mailed to our office, or we can arrange for a courier to pick them up from you directly
If you do plan to drop off documents at one of our offices, we have set up a box near our reception areas for you to leave your package.
|Vancouver||15th Floor||Monday to Friday|
10:00am to 2:00pm
(Building closed. Please buzz #0200)
|Monday to Friday |
08:30am to 4:00pm
|Tri-Cities||Main Reception||Monday to Friday|
9:00am to 4:30pm
We kindly ask that you please give a brief phone call to your local office to confirm our hours for the day you are planning to drop off any documents.
Instructions will be posted and envelopes, pens and hand sanitizer will be available for your use. A staff member will remove the documents from the box frequently. If you have any questions, please reach out to your client service team by email or phone. Rest assured we are still working hard for you – just differently than we were before.
Thank you again for your sensitivity and collaboration as we implement the appropriate solutions to address the ongoing evolution of COVID-19.
- DMCL CPA Articles on COVID-19: Visit our accounting blog for the latest COVID-19 updates.
- Detailed Report from Thomson Reuters: Federal and Provincial Relief
Government of Canada Support
Support for Individuals
- Mortgage Deferral
- Extension of Federal Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines
- Canadian Credits and Support Payments
- Increasing the Canada Child Benefit
- Increasing Goods and Services Tax Credit Payment
- New Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Reduced Minimum Withdrawals for Registered Retirement Income Funds
- A Moratorium on the Repayment of Canada Student Loans (Additional information: NSLSC)
- Changes to Employment Insurance Benefit Rules
- Work Sharing
- Work Sharing: Forestry, Steel, Aluminum Sector
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit
Support for Businesses
- 75% Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (Additional information: Link I, Link II, Link III, Frequently Asked Questions)
- 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers Who Don’t Qualify for the 75% Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Financing Support for Businesses and Entrepreneurs (Additional information: BDC)
- Canada Emergency Business Account
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance
- Small and Medium Enterprises New Loan Guarantee and Co-Lending Program (Additional information: Department of Finance)
- New Loan Guarantee Through Export Development Canada (EDC)
BC Tax Relief and Deferrals
BC Hydro Relief
ICBC Customer Relief
BC Climate Action Tax Credit
US Tax Information
- Economic Impact Payments (Additional information: IRS)
- Individual Tax Deadlines
- Loan under the Payment Protection Program (“PPP”)
- Low Interest Economic Injury Disaster (“EIDL”) Loans (Additional information: SBA)
- Small Business Loans and Grants
- US Cares Act (Additional information: NAHB)
Additional links will be posted as new information becomes available – be sure to refresh the page.